Wales is a diverse country that offers an array of alternative wedding venues. It is becoming more and more popular to get married in unusual venues. This is because couples are looking for something a little different to the standard hotel wedding that everyone has become used to. Farmland, colleges, ships and music halls are becoming popular wedding locations for celebrations in Wales. Alternative weddings are very memorable, so if you want your wedding to stand out in friends and the family minds then it is really worth considering.
Partying at Flasnford Priory
Here is a list of some of the more alternative wedding venues that Wales has on offer:
- Caerphilly Castle. If you are a fan of the Game of Thrones medieval style, then you will impressed with one of the most magnificent castles in Wales. There is even a traditional moat surrounding the castle that will look fantastic in the wedding photographs. For booking information please visit here: www.cadw.gov.wales
- Nash Point Lighthouse in South Wales. If you want a wedding theme that is themed in maritime history, then this is the venue for you. This building is a grade 2 listed lighthouse that is major part of our history. You can click here for further info: www.nashpoint.co.uk
- Castell Coch in Cardiff. This castle is one of the most impressive within the Cardiff area. Over recent decades it has become a very popular venue for weddings due to its grand and impressive structure.
- Talyllyn Railway in Gwynedd. This venue is one of the more alternative wedding venues that Wales has on offer. The tea room at this venue is licenced to hold civil wedding ceremonies. www.talyllyn.co.uk
- Carreg Cennen Castle in Camarthenshire. Another very popular castle in Wales is Carreg Cennen. This is a beautiful wedding venue that has received very good reviews on trip advisor. www.carregcennencastle.com
Our duo performing in the sunshine!
If you are looking for evening wedding entertainment for your alternative wedding in Wales, then please consider Brother Ray who are an outstanding wedding band. They are a very popular function band who provide live music at all the above alternative wedding venues. Please feel free to click on their website to view all their demos and get in contact with Julia who will be able to give you further information.